Tuesday, July 13

Heart Matters


I want the next step for my future and my families future on His timeline not my own but I also don’t want to delay His timeline. I know God has a bigger purpose for our lives than what we are currently residing in. I know whatever the future holds for my family it will happen when we are ready for it and it is ready for us. Everything in our lives so far has happened on His timeline and has been right! I believe my marriage is a perfect example of this. My husband and I were friends for over twelve months before we became more. I recently read over a letter I had written to God about when I discovered my heart had feelings for Matthew. You see at the time I knew the chances of Matthew having the same feelings were slim. I asked God to either remove those feelings from my heart or place them in Matthew’s because I could not lose my best friend. When we were ready to see each other as more than just friends it happened but that’s because it truly happened on God’s timeline. I laugh when I think of how little faith I have or how difficult it is to hand things over to Him when I know the only reason Matthew is in my life is because I was able to trust in God and give that care completely to Him. Matthew is the biggest blessing in my life and I was able to hand that care over so why not everything else? Perhaps because that was a heart matter and my heart can do that but anything that is also a head matter I have difficulty with. So do we need to turn everything in to heart matters only? If you think about it the Bible states how important it is to do things with your heart repeatedly. “The desires of your heart will be given unto you…” Love is all though out the Bible and how important Love is. Where do you think of love residing and coming from, the heart. If your heart is in the right place, if you allow your heart to lead you, your path will be right.

What is the heart I’m talking of? It’s the heart of God. It’s the heart God wants you to have, and the heart that forms as you cling to Him. The closer you are to God, the more your life is transformed and that begins with the heart. The worst sin is to harden you heart against God, so opening your heart completely to God can only do you good! The big question is will you allow yourself to do that, will you be okay with making yourself that vulnerable? Can you release that amount of control to your Heavenly Father? Can you trust Him like that? Most will have a struggle with that, they have been hurt by various people and organizations (including churches) to the extent this is something that will be a constant struggle, but isn’t it a constant struggle we need to endure? Isn’t this our life’s journey more than anything else, to completely and utterly give our heart to God? I believe when you have done that everything in life will be easy because the level of trust you have in God will be uniquely yours a level few obtain and yet all should seek. This level of trust will impact the level of faith you have thus you are able to believe in God for all things because you first opened your heart to God!

So reader, I’m asking the same questions of myself, have you opened your heart to God completely? If not what is standing in the way and how will you tear down those walls so you can?

No comments:

Post a Comment