Monday, March 21

We're not meant to live like that!

We're not meant to live looking so far in advance. The world has taught us to have a plan, growing up in school we were asked what our five year plan was, that is the world's way not God's. We are meant to live having Faith in God at all times. We are meant to live getting one step at a time from Him and not looking so far in advance and worrying.

"For this reason, I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink, nor for your body as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?...So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own." Matthew 6:25-34

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6 & 7

My husband and I are at a point in our journey with the Lord that we have to depend on Him solely for the next step in everything. If I look to far ahead I see unpaid bills and no food in the fridge. If I do what the world has taught me instead of what I know to be true in the Bible we see lack. But I can't do that, I simply can't! I have to stand in Faith in GOD to come through once again for us. This afternoon I did that, I went the worlds way instead of God's and it turned out with me in tears. Then with the help of the Holy Spirit and encouragement of my husband I stood up and reached for God's word. I watched two mini sermons and read the Bible and wish I would of done that sooner!

I know the road we're on isn't one easily understood by others, it's one guided by God through the Holy Spirit and the Word of God. He speaks and we obey. We do things contrary to what the world has taught us. We don't have a five year plan much less a tomorrow plan. Our plan is to follow God! To continually strive after Him in everything and if we stumble and fall then pick ourselves up and strive after Him once again. We know our actions are not understood by many of our friends. My parents don't get it at all and other family tries to understand and we deeply hope they do but for the most part we stand alone. Because of that sometimes it feels like a very dry desolate place, but I know like the Holy Spirit has continually reminded me this week we are never alone. I remember in Sunday school learning "God is everywhere, always with us." I've been blessed that that one phrase has stuck with me through everything. This week I've felt the Holy Spirit hugging me time and time again. When I'm so upset and frustrated that I can't give up because I know better and don't want to let God or my husband down like that. I am so grateful that the Holy Spirit is so embedded in my heart I can't help but listen! Now I have to always obey promptly. That's the next step for me, when He says pray for this person or go speak with this one I have to listen without hesitation. So we step out again in Faith that what we are doing is right not listening to the voice of those around us that are negative or discouraging not looking at the frowns or faces of misunderstanding BUT instead we cling to God, we strive after Him, we Love Him and pray that He will continue to reveal that next step in our lives. I have a plan but not one like most, it doesn't tell me where I hope to be in this world in five years but instead where I hope to be with God in five years. How I pray and dream of my relationship with Him to be so solidified in Him I won't even think to look at my life like the world does but my first instinct will always to be in finding His Word and seeking His heart. Once again I find myself enjoying a poem by Robert Frost which I'll leave you with today.

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth; 5
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same, 10
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back. 15
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. 20

No comments:

Post a Comment