Monday, September 3

Random Thoughts

1. I think my cat is developing sibling rivalry with my little boy. I'm 6 months along and my cat continues to want to cuddle even more and not just cuddle but climb up on my tummy and be in my face cuddle. I've never been one of those to think that my cat is my kid, he's the family pet but over the last couple of months I'm starting to wonder if he knows the family is about to change. Did I mention he's big, not a kitten and it's not comfy to have him on my tummy...goodness.
2. Summer goes by too fast when you're an adult. I now get why so many told me to enjoy being young and find myself telling kids the same thing. I'm ready for fall, tea and cozy blankets but boy has time gone my fast this year.

3. Pregnancy - I can barely wait until December. It hasn't been one of those "I'm enjoying this" moments. The happy second trimester is pretty much over and it never happened for me. Matter a fact, it got worse in the second trimester for me. That could be why I barely have any photos and haven't written about it much. Writing about throw up, constipation and the constant state of tiredness isn't something I want to document very much, then again I think someone could make a sitcom out of it. You could put a funny twist on it, it could be a good comedy. The things no one tells you about pregnancy and the ways you'll gross out your husband. Oh and if I get one more dirty look for saying the truth from one of those moms who had a perfect pregnancy I may try and puke on her shoes. Just cause I'm not enjoying being pregnant doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to holding my little boy and knowing somehow as soon as I see him it will all be worth it. I can feel him kick and that makes me smile but my hubby can't yet. Apparently I have an anterior placenta, hoping it migrates to the back soon so he can feel him. This ride I'm on it like no other that's for sure!

4. Next stages - We took the leap and applied for a youth pastor position, didn't get it. It's hard, we both feel so detached from our home, our church, our current place. We feel completed here, ready to move and yet we haven't heard the answers as to where. This middle stage is difficult, the patience to wait quietly and pray. I haven't set up much baby stuff - wait I haven't set up any because we feel like we'll move before he's born but it's been difficult because that's not who I tend to be. I like things put together and decorated. Then again if this is where I need to be so God can move on our behalf, bring it. I'm happy to stay undecorated for however long He needs me to.

5. I better get to work, even with the day off I still have to work. Darn project. Okay I'm thankful my work situation continues to improve but I look forward to the time when my weekends will be my own again. Perhaps sometime soon.

6. I need to take more pics...hopefully becoming a mom will change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment