Tuesday, April 8

Holidays Approach

The first of many is coming up and today I find my mind drifting to what those days will look like without her. I'm taking a minute now while writing this to let myself feel those things before I have to move on, move forward and stop letting myself stand still in the pain.

One more thing I've learned in all this, there is letting yourself feel, letting yourself have a moment and then there is no good letting yourself be overwhelmed by the emotion and sadness. So I take a deep breath, say a silent prayer God will shine His light on that place in my heart today and smile regardless of how I feel. Moving forward sometimes means faking it a little until your thoughts creep back into light, back into hope, back into the future with my family and less of what is lacking.

First Easter, First Mother's Day...the firsts begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment